Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The next stage



From Where Is My Poodle??!!??:

Almost 10 years ago I thought, "I might like to be a missionary." However, all I was allowed to do was tag along and observe when my dad went as the designated pharmacist during medical outreach. I was furious when I wasn't allowed to Myanmar or to Russia and disappointed when my visa failed to get passed in time for Serbia. On top of all that, I've always wanted to go to Mongolia. It always seemed like I wasn't ready. The trip to Myanmar happened when I was 14 so I guess my parents thought I was too young. The trip to Russia was denied me because my dad was worried I might get bombed. The trip to Serbia was a no go because of slow paperwork and etc. However, approaching my third year, it seems that maybe God thinks I'm now ready. I went to and am going to Sebuyau twice in a fortnight and I met Sarguul last night during Alpha Course. She's a student at Inti College and guess what? She's from Mongolia. I've already 'buddied up' with her and we're going to meet up and paint the town red and I'm going to learn Mongolian (she taught me two words; camel and horse but I can't seem to pronounce the word for man) and get this, her grandparents are proper nomads! She'll be here for 3 or 4 years so that means after my degree when I come back, she'll still be here! I hope to do a masters so that'll give me time to continue meeting up with her. She's amazing on the piano and knows all the pieces I want to learn by heart so I really salute her for that. I only hope I don't scare her by being over eager but as we both leave Kuching on the 15th, we have unofficially planned that I could take a 2 week trip with her to Mongolia! How so extremely cool is that??!! I haven't told my parents yet and this all happened last night so it might not come to pass at all but the thought of it is wondrous and oooooooh. If I can't afford to or am not allowed to go or it doesn't come to pass, I hope to be able to stay back in Kuching a few more days to go to Ulu Skrang, which is a community of Ibans living in longhouses. Either way, I don't think I'll be back in London too soon. There's just so much to do and so many doors have been opened in terms of mission work and experience. For the fame of God.


From Where Is My Poodle??!!?? (feed)
See also links to this feed and more from this feed


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home