Thursday, October 20, 2005

fresh thanaka



From http://www.flickr.com/photos/awfulsara/54421493/:

awfulsara posted a photo:


fresh thanaka


You'll see thanaka on the faces of many of the women & children in the photographs. Here it has been freshly applied, still wet, for the photo of this little one. Often, they wanted me to photograph their little kids so much that I would do so only to appease, when the image I wanted to get was eluding me. In this case, his mother was an amazing woman, but very shy. She had such a piercing look that I quite wanted to shoot her, and this kid wore this slightly dopey expression much of the time and really wasn't that much fun to shoot (sounds terrible, I know, but ya like what ya like). Unfortunately, his mother was always a shadow in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home